What Is C.L.A.S.S.?
C.L.A.S.S.®, Canine Life And Social Skills ®, is a three-level assessment program for pet owners to test real-life skills with their canine companions. Through successfully completing each C.L.A.S.S. level, pet owners can earn certificates with their dogs in Canine Life and Social Skills.
C.L.A.S.S. is more than just an assessment, though. It is designed with several goals:
- To generate a mindset among owners in how to incorporate skills they learn in our classes into daily living with their dogs
- To raise the level of training and manners to a higher level required to pass each C.L.A.S.S. level
- To improve relationships of dogs a and owners through education and promotion of positive reinforcement and ongoing training
- To increase the owners awareness of additional training resources and techniques available
- C.L.A.S.S. provides dog owners with opportunities to have their dogs’ real-life skills assessed on a standardized scale by professional trainers, and to receive feedback on developing those skills with their dogs
- C.L.A.S.S. shows dog owners how to teach these skills using effective, reward-based methods, and how to teach skills with reliability.
Prior learning for this class requires the dog to have completed our Fun and Basics 2 class, or have a reliable level of basic skills.
The program is done over 6 weeks to bring students to the first level of assessment, then addition time for subsequent levels if they wish.
Please call us for the next scheduled class.